I don't want meat soup
- Beans give chili so much more depth in terms of flavor, texture, nutrients... people who despise chili with beans are just stubborn traditionalists, who can't admit they're wrong. I use dark red kidneys with ground chuck and ground sirloin. I also make a killer venison chili with corn to cut through the gaminess .
- —Guest NJSquatsnMilk
- Chili fanatics say no beans--I made my chili bean-free for the chili cookoff--but also made an additional pot of chili beans using the same recipe--that way if you insist you can add beans you can--should be a winner for all in my book.
- —Guest Tex
- Being Tuscan, I love beans. Chili is good with or without them but I pre
- —Guest ro354obert
Do you like beans in your chili?
- If you where going to ask me, Yes I really like beans with chili
- —Guest http://www.cooks-recipe.com
Beans in chili
- No, no beans in chili. In addition it should be thick enough for your fork to stand up as the fork slowly disolves.
- —Guest Don
Chili isn't chili w/o beans!
- In the last few years, we've used a variety of beans in the same batch. It makes it more appelaing to the eye, and more texture & taste variety, too. Like a party in a pot!
- —Guest Carrie
- Love it with beans. One time I even had to eat my chile cold in class. it was still very delicious!!
- —Guest Cecilia
Beans In Chilli?
- Red Beans are my favorite in Chilli with hamburger meat.
- My mom's chili has always been the best to me; spicy, pinto beans, and ground beef
- —Guest Maribel
Beans or no beans
- 35 year vetern cooker from scratch here. I use beans, mostly pinto and white beans, along with lean hamburger or ground turkey. Kidney beans give some people bad gas, so I avoid them. I have put ground turkey in chili and friends and family didn't even know the difference. Beans are so good for your body, I couldn't imagine not using them.
- —Guest Deb
- I like to use a combo of chili beans and pinto beans in my chili.
BEANS OR NO BEANS
- I LIKE MORE BEANS THAN MEAT. I USE RED,BLACK,CHILI, CANELLNI,PORK AND BEANS IN MY CHILI AND ADD SOME CHIPOTLE SPICE FOR SOME KICK.
- —Guest THERESA
- I like dark red kidney beans in my chili along with ground Sirloin. To me chili ain't chili without the beans.
Beans n rice on side...
- I NEVER put beans in the chili, but I will serve several different types of bean's on the side for the bean lover's, along with a big bowl of fluffy white rice, which I am partial to. I switch up the recipe with the spice's or veggie's regularly, depending on my guest's taste's, but I alway's...alway's use a shredded beef roast for my meat. Seriously, try you chili with a spoonful of the rice. You might be surprised!
- —Guest Hollytrailfinder
Beans or no beans?
- Texas Chile Con Carne is cooked without beans. It is not the same recipe as the Great Depression meat stretcher known as Chili Soup. Both are great recipes and I enjoy cooking them. Mostly I cook the budget stretcher Chili Soup, but on pay days and special occasions Chile con Carne is a treat.
- —Guest KBob