From the article: Buffalo Chicken Wings Cooking Tips and Storage
The popularity of Buffalo-style chicken wings has opened the door to a wide variety of other flavors, such as garlic and/or teriyaki. What is your favorite? Do you like them mild, medium, hot, or suicidal? And here is the most controversial question: Do you prefer drummettes, the flat part, or both together? Share your ultimate chicken wing experience. Share Your Opinion
Love those wings
- Your way,my way,any old way! I used to think the drummettes best,but love the flat ties,too. I can't help it, I love the whole wing!
- —Guest Ruthstew
hiw i like my wings
- I love the flat end of the wing. Too many times I'm told you can't get flattened become the chk pcs are pre packaged.
- —Guest Carolyn
- For me chicken wings are better cooked with soy sauce.
- —Guest barbara
- i like the flat not the drum, its much better. the sauce has to be hot but not too hot
- —Guest wingman
Chickin Wings of the Forties.
- I was a youngster about 11 or 12 years old. I remember when my Daddy and my Brother worked at Camp Livingston Louisiana near where we lived in Simms, Louisiana. My Daddy and Brother worked at one of the many " Chow Halls" (Dinning Halls) at the Base. The troops loved the southern style fried chicken. Of course the chow halls threw away the wings. My Daddy soon learned that they were free for the taking. Everybody in the small village of Simms, Louisiana shared in the bountyful chicken wingd. We simply cooked them the same as we did regular chicken. No hot sause no BBQ Sause , just batter fried as with chicken. It took many years before The Arbor Bar & Grill came up with the great sause. The rest is history. When I became of age I joined the Military Service. As you might guess I was stationed everywhere during my twenty years in the Service. I have had Buffalo Chickin Wings all over. Nowhere could I find any place that served Buffalo Chicken like The Arbor Grill in Buffalo, NY.
- Overnight will be great. The flavor will be absorbed even more and if they are fresh at the beginning, they will be fine in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days. Betty
- —Guest pHmxqCFBFXqxlCMBs
- Twist the flat to get rid of one of the bones, then dip it into the blue cheese and then devour.
- —Guest Dave M.
Buffalo wings 1982
- In 1982 my dad brought back the recipe from a friends bar in Baffalo NY. Another bar owner in Westland Mi. refused to carry this item-"Who would even want a hot wing at a bar." Boy was Greg wrong. Now its a nationwide phenomenon. Just 50/50 Louisianna Hot Sauce and butter (less hot sauce for cooler appetites) poured over deep fried wings and your in business. Simple, and everyone aways say mine are the best-gotta be cooked until REAL crunchy. Don't drown them-just pour and mix 'um, then serve.
I love wings
- Any shape and size. No sweet flavors though. LOVE some SERIOUS HEAT
- —Guest Dumpster Baby
Only a Buffalonian Knows
- This is a very simple question to answer: BOTH. I was born & raised in Buffalo, NY and I'm still here. I should know. And, traditional wing sauce consists of only 2 ingredients. Hot sauce & butter. Anything else is a perversion to the palate.
Flatties - yeah!!!
- I prefer the flat part of the chicken wing, as it is much easier to eat. I don't like the drumstick on the chicken, and I don't like the drummette on the wing, either. There isn't much meat on either part.
- i love chicken wings just fry it with hot sauce its very nice and easy way to cook
- —Guest lyn
Both But Flatties Eat Quicker
- If you take the small bone and give it a twist and tug, it should come right out clean. Then take the other bone w/meat placing it in your mouth and the meat will come off the bone in one shot. Maybe they need an About video.
- I love dark meat, so I love the flatties but can eat any chicken anytime!! Garlic, sweet, hot, bbq anything... just give me wings!!!!
Drummettes or Flatties
- I prefer teriakyi flavor and love, love, love the flatties.
- —Guest Reesue
1-15 of 24Next