From the article: Top 25 Comfort Foods and Recipes
What are comfort foods? They are foods that soothe the psyche by reminding us of comforting childhood memories. For most of us, these foods are far from gourmet and generally epitomize home cooking. They invoke feelings of nostalgia, safety, and security. What is your favorite comfort food and why? What memories do comfort foods bring to mind. Share Your Story
- Sulsbury steak.. I wanted that for my birthdsy dinner every year when I was young. Growing up in the 80's.
- —Guest heather waid
Homemade Chicken Soup....
- No matter the weather or my mood, always reminds me of home, all the safety and security and love of family
- —Guest Janie
- Coney dogs. Pasties. Potato chips. Boston coolers. Bumpy cakes. Cram puff hot fudge.
- —Guest michigan
- comfort food to me is my mom cooking baked mac & cheese or cabbage rolls or stuffed green peppers ! i love my moms cooking! i can remember walking into the house and the aroma of the foods was wonderful! im am blessed my mom is with me alot so i get them alot!
- I'm British so I simply have to name "Snake and Pygmy pie, Jockey's whips and fleas" (OK, steak-and-kidney pie, chips and peas) as my favourite 'comfort' I'd prefer it to 'Southern Comfort' although I had a heavy meeting with Jack and Johnny on saturday (Jack-Daniels and Johnny-Walker,
- —Guest andycrofts
- Tator Tot Hotdish ranks up there in the top ten along with fried egg sandwiches
- —Guest tina
McDonald's French Fries
- has to be McDonald's fries-----the large portion. Nothing nutrious about it; just plain, salty, fatty fries. Mmmmmm!!!
- —Guest Nancy
- I love making homemade shepherds pie its tasty filling and ideal has a meal with potatoes or chips my husband loves it
- —Guest Mrs michelle bowden
Comfort Me O Thou Sandwich
- My comfort food is my Sandwich toast; my favourite cornbeef sandwich toast. I dine like the Romans, reclining on my rug infront of the t.v. So, with my sandwich toaster before me, the bread and the butter comfortest me, and I prepare my sandwich before me.
- The first time Mom made lasagne, I was five years old. I fell in love with Italian food, as a result, and Mom made lasagne for me every year, on my birthday, until I went off to college. It's still my favorite dish.
- —Guest Chris
Ham & Beans (Musical Fruit)
- Beans Beans the musical fruit the more you eat the more you toot the more you toot the better you feel Good Stuff
- —Guest Okie Food
Need I say more?
- The license plate on my car which registered in PA is TX CHILI.
- I remember being taken to a local Chinese restaurant where they served that old war-horse, chicken chow mein,in little covered dishes. Also, A Woolworth's counter ice cream email@example.com
- —Guest ro354obert
I can't live without....
- My Nanny's Mac and cheese. Comfort or not, it is my favorite. Also craved in the comfort category are the foods that go with it like fried chicken, okra, greenbeans, cornbread, and tomatoes from the garden.
- —Guest Velveetalover
- My fav comfort food is Steak Tartare, raw very lean beef. I love it on a white breadroll with thinly cut onion rings and lots of black pepper.
1-15 of 20Next