out of 5
HORRIBLE! DO NOT PURCHASE!!!February 06, 2013
I am 50 years of age, and rarely eat out. I decided to replace my ""Crock Pot"" with the Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System, because it cooks from the sides, and the pot is lightweight and non-stick. I decided to try a beef roast. This afternoon I followed the directions in the ""Let's Get Cookin' we'll show you how!,"" pamphlet. It says: 1. Place pot in cooking system 2. Plug unit into wall outlet. 3. Add desired food into pot. 4. Set dial to OVEN. Set desired temperature with smaller dial below the TIME/OVEN TEMP button. 5. Pres the TIME/OVEN TEMP button, and set desired cooking time by turning smaller dial. OK....so, the so called directions NEVER MENTION adding WATER. ADD WATER not just one time, but about every 10 minutes like the previous review stated. Be prepared to stand there for hours, adding water, because it's going to evaporate through the hole in the lid. Now, fortunately for me, I added about 2 cups of water at the beginning (while getting ready to LEAVE my home...), and noticed a SMELL (burning food smell) shortly before leaving my home! That fast!!! The WATER had already EVAPORATED! I turned down the temperature (I believe to 250 or 275-whatever the minimum is), added about 5 cups of water. I had to leave and thought this would work. Returned 3 hours later (after adding a huge amount of water and turning ""oven"" temperature down to lowest), and guess what? BURNED ROAST, vegetables....when I returned. Neither the roast nor vegetables were sitting on the bottom (except for some baby carrots and onion which had fallen through). BURNED! Roast smelled burned from evaporated juices on bottom and burnt carrots and onion. Hey, unless you want to STEAM YOUR HOUSE with MEAT SMELL, and ADD WATER every 10 MINUTES or so, I'd suggest you go back to the old crock pot which a person could leave for hours! I am taking it back to Bed, Bath and Beyond tonight. I do not believe I have ever once returned anything there. Well, this thing is going back. As far as I am concerned, it's dangerous and cooks way too hot, and looses moisture like you can't believe.
5 of 7 people found this review helpful.