Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 3 (16-ounce) cans pork and beans, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow prepared mustard
- 6 slices lean center cut thin bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
Combine beans, barbecue sauce, onion, apples, and mustard. Pour into a glass baking dish. Top with bacon pieces.
Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in bacon pieces. Return to the oven and bake an additional 30 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
Make this baked beans dish in advance, if you wish. Reheat in a 350 F oven about 30 minutes until heated through. Recipe may be doubled, but adjust baking time upward accordingly.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings