Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, divided use
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter, divided use
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger (may substitute ground cloves)
- 1 (14-1/2 ounces) can mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (rind)
- 2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier or fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the flour, pecans, and brown sugar. Stir in 1/4 cup of the butter with a fork until crumbly. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together remaining 1/3 cup of the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Add remaining 1/4 cup of the butter, sweet potatoes, milk, orange zest, Grand Marnier or orange juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until combined.
Pour sweet potato mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the pecan mixture. Bake about 40 minutes.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings