Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 6 medium red potatoes (about 3-inches in diameter), scrubbed clean, skins on (may substitute gold potatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons (about) olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed to release flavor
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (not the canned stuff)
- 2 Tablespoons finely-shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a shallow baking sheet with nonstick foil.
Slice the potatoes lengthwise in half and place cut-side up on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the olive oil. Use your finger to spread the olive oil over the top of each potato half so it is completely coated. Sprinkle with kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, crushed dried oregano, pepper, Parmesan, and Cheddar.
Bake for 30 minutes until browned and crispy. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Note: Recipe is easily multiplied. The herb and spice amounts are not set in stone, so it is really not necessary to measure. Just sprinkle on using your own judgement. Feel free to substitute other herbs, such as rosemary or thyme, for the oregano. This recipe works best with waxy potatoes such as red or gold varieties.
Herb Roasted Potatoes Recipe Photo © 2008 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.