Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 5 small potatoes), scrubbed but unpeeled, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1-1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about 5 small potatoes), peeled, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1 cup finely-diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Drain potatoes and return to the pot. Add mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, celery, red onion, pickle relish, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir with a large spoon, lightly smashing potatoes, but leaving large chunks.
Serve mashed potato salad hot or at room temperature.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Mashed Potato Salad Recipe Photo © 2007 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.