Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 pound baby red rose potatoes (new potatoes)
- 1/2 pound baby white rose potatoes
- 1/2 pound small blue (or purple) potatoes (see notes)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 Tablespoon champagne vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup thin-sliced green onions, tops included (see notes)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Grape tomatoes for garnish
Combine mayonnaise, ranch dressing, champagne vinegar, dill weed, and optional sugar. Pour over warm potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate 2 hours or more to let flavors meld.
Let come to room temperature to serve. Garnish with grape tomatoes. Recipe may be easily doubled.
Yield: about 6 servings
Notes: Waxy potatoes such as red rose, white rose, blue, purple, and gold potatoes are best for potato salad because they are not grainy or mealy and hold together well. You may substitute chopped chives for the green onions.
Red, White, & Blue Potato Salad Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.