Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (discard core and large stems)
- 1 (14 ounces) can chicken or vegetable broth (or homemade - about 1-3/4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, white and green parts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pour cauliflower into food processor fitted with the metal blade. Add butter, cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onion, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine. Reheat before serving, if necessary.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Mock mashed potatoes are great for low-carb diets.
Photo © 2006 Peggy Trowbridge, licensed to About.com, Inc.