Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons or 1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 large sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) fresh cremini mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap peas
Add white wine and cook 1 minute, stirring to get any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Then add chicken broth, julienned carrots, and sugar snap peas. Cover and simmer an additional 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Taste for seasoning and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Sugar Snap Peas and Mushrooms in Wine Sauce Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.