Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cans (17 ounces each) yams, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) peach slices, drained and chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (keep cold)
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
In a large bowl, slightly mash yams, leaving large chunks. Fold in peaches until well-combined. Pour into a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle yam mixture with the pecans.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Using two butter knives in a criss-cross motion or a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture over the yams and peaches. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set to broil.
Cover the yam bake casserole with the marshmallows and broil until lightly browned.
Yield: 8 servings