Prep Time: 20áminutes
Total Time: 20áminutes
- 4 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup prunes, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped, optional
While squash is steaming, bring apple juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes to absorb the juice.
Stir prunes, cranberries, apples, apple juice concentrate, cardamom, and maple syrup into the couscous.
Divide fruit couscous evenly between the steamed acorn squash halves. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with pecans, if desired, before serving.
Yield: 8 servings