Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 6 medium carrots (about 1/2 pound), peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup (12 to 14) dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced very thin, green parts included
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add chicken broth or water, apricots, honey, white balsamic vinegar, and cinnamon to the carrots. Cover and simmer 4 minutes. Add green onions, cover again, and simmer an additional 1 to 2 minutes until carrots are al dente. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This apricot carrots recipe is easily multiplied.
Yield: about 4 servings
Apricot Carrots Recipe Photo © 2013 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.