Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound carrots
- 6 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons cumin seed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-fat or regular milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Meanwhile, in pan melt 1 tablespoon butter and saute cumin about 30 seconds. Add ginger and garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
Combine cooked drained carrots with cumin-garlic mixture, lemon juice, remaining butter and milk. Process in blender or food processor with steel blade, in batches, until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
To serve, heat through.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Source: Twenty-Minute Menus by Marian Burros (Simon & Schuster)
Reprinted with permission.