Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 hours
Total Time: 12 hours, 15 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mesquite flavoring liquid
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound turkey meat, sliced thin
Add turkey strips to the marinade, seal, and squish to coat all the meat. Re-open the bag, squeeze out all the air, re-seal, and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
Remove turkey strips from marinade and gently pat off excess moisture with a paper towel. Place strips in a single layer, with space in between, on dehydrator racks. Dehydrate until turkey jerky is leathery and chewy but not crisp enough to snap when bent.
Store jerky in sealed bags in the refrigerator.