Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen broccoli spears
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup poultry broth
- 1/2 cup half and half (milk and cream)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chopped or sliced turkey
- 1 cup chopped or sliced ham
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ground nuts
To make mornay sauce, melt butter and stir in flour in saucepan; add broth and half and half and cook until thick and smooth, stirring constantly. Stir in wine, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire. Pour over turkey and ham.
Mix Parmesan cheese, crumbs and ground nuts and sprinkle over the top; bake in 350-degree F. oven until mixture bubbles.
This Turkey Mornay is nice baked and served in individual baking dishes, as well.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Recipe Source: You Made It in Southwest Florida by Lillian Austin (Donning Co Publishers) - out of print
Reprinted with permission.