Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 cups chopped Spanish onions
- 2 fresh jalapenos, sliced
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 shots Jameson Irish whiskey
- 8 new potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups chopped green chiles
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 8 cups beef broth
Add the lamb and brown for 10 minutes more. Add the whiskey and potatoes. Stir for another 10 minutes. Add the green chiles and tomatoes. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed together and warmed through.
Add the beef broth and simmer for 1 -1/2 hrs.
Serve the stew with hot flour tortillas.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Recipe Source: Barbara Nevins, Southwest Cafe, Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reprinted with permission.