Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 4 medium celery ribs, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 large carrots, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 Tablespoons)
- 3 quarts Chicken Stock with Roasted Vegetables (recipe link below)
- 4 chicken breast halves with ribs, cooked, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/2 cup dry sherry wine
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Pour the chicken stock into the pot. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Add the cooked chicken pieces to the pot. Add the dill, sherry wine, and rice to the pot. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes more. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
• Chicken Stock with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Recipe Source: At Home in the Kitchen by Jorj Morgan (Cumberland House Publishing)
Reprinted with permission.