Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 hours, 15 minutes
Total Time: 7 hours, 30 minutes
- 4 (1-inch thick) boneless pork loin chops
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounces) can of pineapple chunks, drained with juice retained
- 1 green bell pepper, core removed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Cooked white rice
Add carrots, parsnips, chicken broth, and teriyaki sauce to the crock and stir to combine. Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
When pork is done, mix pineapple juice with the cornstarch until smooth. Stir into the pork mixture, then add the pineapple and bell pepper. Switch to High setting and cook an additional 15 to 30 minutes until thickened.
Serve Pineapple Pork Stew over cooked white rice.
Yield: 4 servings