Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1/2 pound bacon, medium diced
- 1 cup chopped leeks (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 pound white potatoes, peeled and medium-diced 4 cups clam juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 pounds little neck clams, shucked, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Add the bay leaves and thyme. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the potatoes. Stir in the clam juice. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
Simmer the mixture until the potatoes are fork tender, about 12 minutes. Add the heavy cream and bring up to simmer. Add the clams and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Ladle soup into shallow bowls and serve.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Recipe Source: Emeril's TV Dinners by Emeril Lagasse (William Morrow & Co)
Reprinted with permission.