Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 ounce fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
Add salt, pepper, and cream. Stir and chill soup for at least an hour. Chill bowls before serving. Garnish each bowl with scallions.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe Source: Tropic Cooking by Joyce LaFray Young (Ten Speed Press)
Reprinted with permission.