Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 35 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 pounds (700 g) boneless lamb shoulder meat, sliced or in chunks
- 1/4 medium cabbage, in thin wedges
- 1/4 small rutabaga, sliced
- 1 large carrot, in chunks
- 6-inch length (15 cm) leek, in chunks
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (2 dl) water
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup (3/4 dl) flour
Lower heat and simmer, shaking the pot now and then so the meat will not stick, until the meat is tender, 60 to 75 minutes.
Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Gradually add cooking liquid. Season with salt, pepper, vinegar, and sugar.
Arrange meat and vegetables on a platter. Serve with sauce and boiled potatoes.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Source: The Norwegian Kitchen by Aase Strmstad (Boksenteret)
Reprinted with permission.