Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 6 large chicken breasts, boned and cooked
- 3 (10-1/2 ounces) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounces) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (9 ounces) package fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounces) carton sour cream
In a large stockpot, combine canned chicken broth, celery, and chopped onion. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
Add the chicken soup, broccoli, cheese tortellini pasta, pepper, basil, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Bring to boiling point, turn heat down and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the sour cream.
This makes a fairly thick soup so if you want it thinner, add a cup of the chicken broth that the chicken was cooked in.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Recipe Source: Mother's Recipes by Sheryn R. Jones and Barbara Jones (Cookbook Resources)
Reprinted with permission.