Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 pound (21 to 25 per pound) peeled fresh or thawed frozen raw shrimp, tails on optional
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill weed, leaves stripped from stem
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (red pepper), or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 cup chopped chives
Combine panko, dill weed, cayenne pepper, paprika, and kosher salt until well-blended.
Remove shrimp from marinade with a slotted spoon and place in prepared pan along with 1/2 cup of the marinade. Spread shrimp into a single layer. Sprinkle evenly with the seasoned panko mix and drizzle with melted butter. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and chives. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450 F (425 F for glass). Line a shallow baking dish with nonstick foil or spray a glass baking dish with vegetable oil.
Bake shrimp 12 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Photo © 2010 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.