Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1 cup day-old breadcrumbs, divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 dozen fresh oysters, shucked, drained, and patted dry
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese (not the canned stuff)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Lemon slices for garnish
Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a frying pan. Add breadcrumbs and stir-fry until lightly golden. Remove from pan and toss breadcrumbs with garlic powder. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs over the bottom of the greased casserole dish and set remainder aside.
Arrange oysters evenly in casserole. Sprinkle generously with salt and dust with cayenne pepper. Top with parsley, Parmesan cheese, and remaining breadcrumbs. Pour wine evenly over the top.
Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes until lightly browned. When done, remove and drizzle additional melted butter over the top of the oyster casserole. Garnish with lemon slices to serve.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings