Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 9 Tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds large prawns, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnishing
Combine the apricot preserves, butter, Dijon mustard, and rice vinegar in a medium bowl. Add the curry powder, garlic powder, and cayenne. Stir to mix well. Add the shrimp and toss to coat evenly.
Arrange on a aluminum-foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with the salt and pepper.
Broil until the prawns become opaque and the coating begins to bubble, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving dish, pour the sauce over the prawns and sprinkle with the cilantro.
Yield: 8 as an hors d'oeuvre
Recipe Source: Robert Mondavi Wines
Reprinted with permission.