Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, white part only, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 rib celery, finely diced
- 1/4 pound wild mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 24 oysters, shucked, liquor reserved
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 plum tomato, peeled, seeded, diced
- 12 French baguette or sourdough baguette toast rounds
- Tarragon, chopped
- Chives, chopped
Add the wine and oyster liquor and reduce by half. Add the heavy cream and reduce until nappe, slightly thickened.
Add the lemon juice, oysters, and tomatoes.
Spoon the stew into center of soup plate. Arrange toasts around and garnish with chives and tarragon.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe Source: Executive Chefs Stu Stein and Mary Hinds, The Peerless Restaurant, Ashland, Oregon
Reprinted with permission.