Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely minced shallots
- 4 Tablespoons (60 mL) chopped chives
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) champagne vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons (45 mL) cracked black pepper
- 36 oysters in the shell
- Crushed ice
- 2 ounces (60 g) beluga caviar
Shuck oysters, loosen muscle from bottom shell, then remove top shell.
To assemble hors d'oeuvre: Place the shells on a bed of crushed ice. Place an oyster inside each shell. Top each with a teaspoon of mignonette sauce and a dollop of caviar.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional facts per serving (6 oysters per serving): 50 calories, 4 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium.
Recipe Source: Garde Manger: The Art and Craft of the Cold Kitchen by Culinary Institute of America (John Wiley & Sons Inc)
Reprinted with permission.