Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, strained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, minced or 1 tsp crumbled dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, minced or 1 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced or 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 (12-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
Adjust oven rack to center of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 x 2-inch ovenproof casserole with cooking spray; set aside.
On a piece of wax paper, combine basil, thyme, rosemary, and bread crumbs. Dredge each fillet in bread crumb mixture, coating well. Transfer fillets to prepared pan and place 2 inches apart. Drizzle with remaining 2 teaspoons of oil.
Bake in a preheated oven just until salmon is opaque and barely flakes when tested in the center with a knife, about 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to serving platter, slice each fillet in half crosswise, spoon sauce over fillets, and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Source: Lean Italian Cooking by Anne Casale (Fawcett Books)
Reprinted with permission.