Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup (about) butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices fresh white artisan bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 pound thin-sliced deli roast pork
- 1/2 pound thin-sliced deli rosemary sun-dried tomato ham
- 1 (about 14 ounces) wheel of brie cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch thick strips across the diameter
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
Pile roast pork, then ham on top of the relish. Top with brie. Spread Dijon mustard on the unbuttered sides of the remaining 4 slices of bread and place on top of brie. You should have 4 sandwiches with buttered tops and bottoms.
Preheat panini-grill or griddle. When hot, place sandwiches on panini grill and cook until golden brown on each side. Cut panini sandwiches in half and serve.
Yield: 4 Cuban panini sandwiches
Upscale Cuban Panini Sandwiches Recipe Photo © 2006 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.