Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup (about) butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed between palms
- 8 slices Italian bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup horseradish mayonnaise
- 3/4 pound thin-sliced deli roast beef
- 1 cup (about) crisp-fried onion strips (canned are fine)
- 1 (about 14 ounces) wheel of brie cheese, sliced into 1/4-inch thick strips across the diameter
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
Pile roast beef on top of mayonnaise. Sprinkle with the crisp-fried onion strips and top with brie cheese. Spread Dijon mustard on the unbuttered sides of the remaining 4 slices of bread and place on top of brie. You should have 4 sandwiches with buttered tops and bottoms.
Preheat panini-grill or griddle. When hot, place sandwiches on panini grill and cook until golden brown on each side. Cut panini sandwiches in half and serve.
Yield: 4 panini sandwiches
Spicy Roast Beef & Brie Panini Recipe Photo © 2006 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.