Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely-diced
- 1/4 cup finely-diced celery
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely-diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 Teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Add onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, tomato paste water, beef bouillon granules, paprika, black pepper, cider vinegar, brown sugar, and dry mustard to the ground beef. Stir until well combined.
Cover. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or High for 3 to 4 hours.
Sloppy Joes are traditionally served on toasted hamburger buns, but it is also good over pasta or even as a condiment for hot dogs.
Yield: about 10 servings