Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 shallot, peeled, separated, and coarsely chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound cooked crab meat
- Mixed salad greens
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallot
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon
Place 1/8 cup mango, garlic, shallots, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process until pureed.
Toss remaining mango and crab with just enough of the dressing to moisten.
Place minced shallot and red wine vinegar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until shallots are almost dry. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, whisk together mustard and butter. Whisk mustard butter and tarragon into cooled shallots.
Place crab mango salad on a plate of mixed greens and drizzle with the sauce.
Yield: 4 servings