Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, pureed and strained
- 2 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches watercress, stems removed
- 8 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
To serve, arrange a bed of watercress on each plate. Top with the cubed watermelon and drape the red onion rings on top. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and garnish with the mint leaves, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe Source: From The Earth to the Table by John Ash (Dutton Books)
Reprinted with permission.