Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced into very thin rounds (about 2 cups)
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges, drained (about 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced into very thin rings (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and vinegar until the sugar dissolves. Pour the vinegar sugar mixture over the cucumber salad. Toss well. Add the chopped salad. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Chill the salad before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Note: You may substitute any other fresh herb for the tarragon if you wish.
Recipe Source: At Home in the Kitchen by Jorj Morgan (Cumberland House)
Reprinted with permission.