Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 1-1/2 cups converted white rice
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 papayas, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound sliced smoked turkey, cut into matchstick strips
- 1-3/4 cups Orange Dressing (recipe link below)
Meanwhile, cook white rice according to package directions. Drain; cool under cold tap water. Drain.
As rice is cooking, heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spread coconut evenly in a baking pan. Bake in heated 375-degree F. oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.
Combine wild rice, white rice, coconut, sweet peppers, onion, parsley, papaya, and turkey in a large bowl. Add orange dressing and mix well.
Yield: 10 servings
• Orange Dressing Recipe
Recipe Source: Family Circle All-time Favorite Recipes by editors of Family Circle (Doubleday)
Reprinted with permission. Reprinted with permission.