Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 slice thick bacon
- 2 cups fresh, peeled and sliced (1/4-inch pieces) pumpkin
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh chicken stock or canned chicken broth
- 1 pound pork butt or shoulder, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Reheat the pan and saute the pork until done, about 5 minutes. Add the vegetables to the pan and toss with the cumin, salt, and pepper. Cover for just a moment so that the flavors may develop.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe Source: The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American by Jeff Smith (William Morrow & Co, Inc)
Reprinted with permission.