Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 fluid ounces olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 15 ounces California black olives, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons capers, rinsed, minced
- 1 Tablespoon basil, cut into chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon flat parsley, minced
- 1 pound pasta, any shape
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, ground, to taste
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
Cook the pasta in a large saucepot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well. Toss the drained pasta with the nut-olive mixture over medium heat until the products are incorporated and heated thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Sprinkle each portion with grated Parmesan cheese.
Yield: 6 portions
Recipe Source: American Regional Cuisine: A Coast-to-Coast Celebration of the National Culinary Diversity by The Art Institutes (John Wiley & Sons)
Reprinted with permission.