Cashew Cooking Tips and Measures• Make cashew butter by processing cashews in the food processor until the mixture reaches the consistency of peanut butter. Use as you would peanut butter on bread, crackers, or as a soup thickener.
• Cashews shine in curries, vegetables, salad, pasta, rice, stir-fries, stew, and desserts.
• If your recipe calls for cashew pieces or chopped cashews, no need to go to the extra expense of buying whole cashews.
• Unless intended as a thickener, do not add cashews to hot dishes until near the end of the cooking process as they will quickly become soft and begin to disintegrate.
• Cashews will become soft in baked goods and do not retain their crunch like other nuts.
Cashew Measures, Weights, and Equivalents• 1 pound cashews = 3-1/4 cups.
• 1 ounce cashews = 14 large or 18 medium nuts.
• 6-1/4 ounce can = 1-1/3 cups.
More About Cashews and Cashew Recipes:• Cashew Cooking Tips and Measures
• Cashews Selection and Storage
• Cashew History
• Cashew Recipes
Cashews Photo © 2010 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.