Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
To make cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese, sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
To make muffins, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, and oil until combined. Stir in flour mixture, just until moistened and mixed. Divide batter between 12 muffin cups.
Place 1 teaspoon of cream cheese filling in each muffin cup and press lightly into the center of the batter (but not submerged).
Bake about 25 minutes until golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 12 muffins
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.