Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fine-shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh snipped chives
- 1/4 cup (about) grated Parmesan cheese (not the canned stuff)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with non-stick foil.
Spoon or pipe rounds (about 2 inches in diameter) onto prepared pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake about 20 minutes until puffed and golden. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings (about 20 potato puffs)
Place cooked potatoes into the pitcher of a heavy-duty blender. Add milk, onion powder, salt, egg, and baking powder. Pulse until smooth and combined. Transfer to a bowl and fold in Cheddar cheese and chives. Proceed as above to bake.
Note: Blender method tested with Ninja Kitchen System 1200.
Onion Cheese Mashed Potato Puffs Recipe Photo © 2012 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.
Suggested Related Recipes Potato Salad Recipes
Alfredo Parsley Potatoes Recipe
American Potato Cutlets Recipe
Blue Cheese Potato Cakes Recipe
Brie Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
Easy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Fat-Free Gold Fries
Gratin Dauphinois Recipe
Herb Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Leek and Potato Fritters Recipe
Paprikash Potatoes Recipe