Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3 cups good-quality orange marmalade (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur) or orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 Tablespoons brandy (optional)
Bring marmalade, Grand Marnier, orange peel, and brandy to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Boil until mixture registers 220 degrees F. (jelly stage) on candy thermometer, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
Using slotted spoon, transfer cranberries from cooking liquid to marmalade (discard liquid). Mix gently. Spoon into four 1-cup jelly jars. Seal tightly. Cool completely. (Can be prepared 4 weeks ahead. Refrigerate.)
Yield: 4 (8-ounce) jars
Recipe Source: Bon Appetit 1990 Yearbook (Knapp Press)
Reprinted with permission.