Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup seeded and chopped very ripe wild persimmons
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apricot juice or other fruit juice
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried wild mint or other mint, finely crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground coriander seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid stevia or 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup
Wild Persimmon Jam will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for 10 days or frozen for 6 months.
Yield: 1-1/4 cups
Recipe Source: The Wild Vegetarian Cookbook by "Wildman" Steve Brill (Harvard Common Press)
Reprinted with permission.