Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: about 4 uses
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted ground cumin (or traditional ground cumin)
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
Store in a cool, dark place in an airtight container. Use as seasoning on barbecued, grilled, or roasted chicken, poultry, pork, ribs, and spareribs.
Yield: about 1 cup
Spice Mix Tips and Hints
Dry Rub Recipe Photo © 2010 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.