Prep Time: 20†minutes
Cook Time: 12†minutes
Total Time: 32†minutes
- 1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated cookie dough
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or other flavoring (almond, orange, or lemon)
- Fresh blueberries, banana slices, mandarin orange sections, seedless grapes, strawberry halves, kiwifruit (or any other
- 1/2 cup orange, peach, or apricot preserves
- 1 Tablespoon water
In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract or other flavoring; spread over cookie crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese layer in any design you want (use your imagination).
In a small saucepan over very low heat, make a glaze by heating preserves and water. Brush glaze over fruit, making sure to cover the fruit that will turn dark. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: This does not keep well, so plan on using it up. You may also use your own sugar cookie recipe in place of the refrigerated dough.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Recipe Source: What's Cooking America by Linda Stradley & Andrea Cook (Book Partners, Inc.)
Reprinted with permission.