Cherry Measures, Equivalents and SubstitutionsFrozen cherries can be substituted for fresh cherries in most recipes. If you are substituting canned cherries for fresh, you may need to drain and/or rinse off the syrup before proceeding.
• 1 pound fresh unpitted cherries = about 80 cherries
• 1 pound fresh unpitted cherries = 2-1/3 cups pitted
• 1 pound fresh unpitted cherries = 1-1/2 cups cherry juice
• 16 ounces canned cherries = 1-1/2 cups
• 21 ounces canned cherry filling = 1-1/2 cups
• 10 ounces frozen cherries = 1 cup
• 2 ounces dried cherries = 1/2 cup
• 1 cup fresh sweet cherries = 1 serving
More About Cherries and Cherry Recipes• Cherry Selection, Storage, and Freezing
• Cherry Cooking Tips and Hints
• Cherry Varieties - Sour or Sweet?
• Cherry Measures, Equivalents and Substitutions
• Famous Cherry Recipes - The truth about Maraschino cherries
• Cherry History
• Cherry Lore and Legend
• Cherry Recipes
Cherries Photo © 2007 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.
|*||Cherry Home Companion: A Cherry Cookbook|
|*||Nicole Routhier's Fruit Cookbook|
|*||Stone Fruit: Cherries, Nectarines, Apricots, Plums, Peaches|
|*||Sweet and Sugarfree|