Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 pound imitation crab (surimi - see Note), chopped and shredded
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped dill pickle
- 1 Tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
Serve as a salad topper, sandwich spread, chunky dip, or appetizer cracker topper.
Yield: About 3 cups
Note: Imitation crab is also known as surimi. It generally made from pollock whitefish which is formed, flavored, and colored to resemble crab. It is a good choice for those who are unable to eat shellfish. Feel free to substitute freshly-cooked crab, lobster, or cooked shrimp for the imitation if you wish.
Crab Salad Photo © 2008 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.