Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled and forced through a press
- 2 teaspoons each finely chopped parsley, basil and mint
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-1/4 pounds salmon fillet
Place salmon in a foil-lined pan and spoon a little of the vinaigrette over the fish. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F. oven 12 minutes per inch of thickness, or until cooked through.
Spoon the remaining vinaigrette over each serving of fish.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: Calories 276; Protein 26g; Fat 17g; Carbohydrates 4g; Sodium 140mg; Saturated fat 4g; Monounsaturated fat 8g; Polyunsaturated fat 3g; Cholesterol 84mg
Recipe Source: The Union Square Cafe Cookbook by Danny Meyer and Michael Romano (HarperCollins)
Reprinted with permission.