Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin puree or 1-3/4 cups homemade cooked pumpkin puree, well-draiined
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Gently heat heavy cream, white sugar, and brown sugar until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan, stirring often. Do not boil. Remove from heat and whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
Beat drained pumpkin puree, sweetened cream mixture, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 3 minutes, scraping sides often.
Pour mixture into ice cream machine. Start machine and freeze for 20 minutes, or as per manufacturer's recommendations for your machine.
Yield: 1 quart